Friday, January 18, 2008

Garlic Roasted Potatoes

I made these potatoes earlier in the week to go along with pork tenderloin. The tenderloin, although yummy, turned out to be uh, how shall I say? Non-photogenic. The potatoes were picture worthy though, so here they are. (Dad, if you're reading this, I just want to point out the extra 'green stuff' I added for your benefit!) This is one of my favorite go-to side dishes. Here's the recipe:

Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Source: Barefoot Contessa Parties!
Serves 8

3 lbs. small red or white skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
1/4 c. good olive oil
1 1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 T. minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
2 T. minced fresh parsley

Preheat the oven to 400.

Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread them out into one layer; roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.

Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with the minced parsley, season to taste, and serve.


7 comments:

javagirlkt's cookin' said...

Welcome to the world of food blogging! I'm fairly new to this as well, but it has been a lot of fun so far.

All of your recipes look fantastic :) Keep up the good work!

Leah said...

Thanks, JavaGirl! I just had a look at your blog too and your quesadillas look awesome! I might have to whip those up on Sunday when I watch the Packers. ;-)

Deborah Dowd said...

Welcome to the Foodie Blogroll! If that picture is your real kitchen, I am really jealous! I love roasted potatoes, even though potatoes in general are verboten in our house since they raise my husband's blood sugar. I'll keep checking in. Keep on cooking!

Mrs.D said...

I love the Barefoot Contessa! This looks great.

Georgina Ingham | CulinaryTravels said...

They look really yummy. I often make something similar but will try these.

The blog looks fabulous, I'll be a regular reader.

http://culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

I love those potatoes and your pics are so clear too (my camera is an ugh)
After looking at your blog I need to eat something!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

you have some great recipes. the garlic roasted potatoes sound good, as well as the cookies.