Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


We hosted a New Years Eve party last night for some of our favorite neighborhood friends. Everyone had a blast -- they must have; we still had familes here at 1:30 this morning! I can't believe some of the youngest of the Kenilworth (our neighborhood) Clan managed to rally that long -- this cul-de-sac is gonna be filled with some sleepy headed kiddos later on today!

I wish I had taken pictures of everything we served, but I only managed to snag one of the tartare. Between handing out the party hats, serving up cocktails, and pulling hors deourves out of the oven, things were a little hectic. Here's what was on the menu:

Tenderloin Sandwiches with Rosemary Horseradish Aoili
Pizzettas with Fontina, Tomato, Proscuitto, and Basil
Tuna Tartare with Wasabi on Sesame Crackers (as pictured above)

My neighbors chipped in and brought Artichoke & Crab Dip, Spanakopita, Mini Quiches, and Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce. Everything was so delicious and suffice it to say - no one went hungry!

Soooooo happy we have leftovers and I don't need to cook tonight -- I've spent the better part of the day so far sweeping up "2008" confetti and picking streamers out of my carpet...but that goes with the partythrowing territory.

Back to cooking tomorrow.





No comments: